At Stonebridge Manor, our experience with favors has been; if it isn’t edible, it gets left behind… As sad as that is for the bride that puts a lot of effort into her favors, it is equally as telling for what to put your effort into with regard to your favors. As autumn approaches, why not a yummy snack that is loved by everyone? Maybe it is the sugar, or the cinnamon or the heartiness of the nuts a simple preparation of this favor will sure to be a hit with all your guests:
1 Large egg
3 Cups pecan halves
1/3 cups of cinnamon & sugar (1 tsp cinnamon to 1/4 cup of sugar)
2 tsp good vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees
2. Wisk Egg whites in a cup. Pour over nuts and mix.
3. Stir cinnamon, vanilla, sugar and salt together…. Add the cinnamon mixture to nuts a little at a time.
4. Spread the nuts on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread the nuts evenly. Bake for 20 – 30 minutes.
5. Remove from baking sheet immediately.
6. Allow to cool before storing in a cool place.
For Favors: clear cellophane with a bow that coordinates with your wedding colors will provide a GREAT favor for your guests!